How To Make Twins Chai Tea Latte
Chai Latte (like Starbucks)
Make a warm, spicy chai latte yourself like at Starbucks? After many attempts, I thought that was impossible. At least if it should go without flavor and ready-made syrup. But then I discovered this method and can tell you: It works!
Ever since I got my first chai latte at Starbucks, I've wanted to do it. With ever new experiments, I tried to recreate the taste at home:
First with chai in tea bags and lots of milk. Then with black tea and cooked spices. The far too watery results led me to search for a flavor-free, ready-to-use syrup.
Simply make your own chai latte
All attempts were either too laborious, too watery or just as expensive as a trip to Starbucks.
Then I came across this recipe and with a little variation we hit the bull's eye! It is finally possible to enjoy a non-watery, aromatic Chai Latte with real spices at home.
And the secret? A homemade syrup!
And it's very easy:
- Boil super strong tea with spices
- Pouring off
- Convert to a syrup with sugar or honey
The syrup will keep in the fridge for 3-4 weeks - giving you enough opportunity to enjoy homemade chai latte.
Spices in the Chai Tea Latte
You can find all the spices for chai in well-stocked supermarkets or spice shops. I rarely have enough nerve to find my way around the spice shelf without a search function. That's why I prefer to order online.
But the great thing about doing it yourself is also: You decide what comes in! If you don't like any of the spices, leave them out. And if you only have three cinnamon sticks at home, the chai latte still tastes good afterwards.
Chai Latte from the Instant Pot
In the meantime I have noticed with pleasure: The concentrate is much less complicated in the electric pressure cooker. And with less supervision.
- Just add all of the ingredients except honey to the Instant Pot.
- Set high pressure for 5 minutes in manual mode. The whole thing takes about 15 minutes with pressure build-up.
- When the time has elapsed, release the pressure.
- Remove the tea dumplings and spices with a slotted spoon - or pour through a sieve and pour the concentrate back into the pot
- Stir in honey or sugar.
- Possibly speed up the dissolving of the sugar with sauté or let it boil down for a few more minutes.
This makes the recipe a good example of how time can actually be saved with a pressure cooker ... 😉
You might also be interested in:
Electric pressure cooker - useful or not?
Tips & tricks for the electric pressure cooker
Chai Latte for every day
As a fan of chai and latte, you will definitely love this recipe. It also offers a change from regular coffee. Or is something special for the guests at the coffee table.
And since the homemade syrup lasts for a while, it is also ideal as a gift from the kitchen!
So it's best to find the most important ingredients right away and get started. Then nothing stands in the way of enjoying a warm, aromatic Chai Latte.
Even without Starbucks and Co.
I have even more tips up my sleeve on how to find more time to enjoy in everyday life! And I only tell many of them to my newsletter recipients. Or VIPs, as I call them.
As a VIP, you will receive the VIP package free of charge, filled with print templates, instructions, overviews, eBooks and more. You will receive the discount code for this in your welcome email. In addition, you can expect some surprises right from the start. So, register now!
Make this syrup once and enjoy lots of quick chai lattes! Without aroma and without watery taste.
- Approx. 1 liter (4 cups) of water
- 18 tea bags of black tea, normal or decaffeinated
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 anise stars
- 3 teaspoons of whole cloves
- 2 vanilla sticks, split lengthways
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced OR 1-2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom pods, split open *
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- approx. 250 g (1 cup) honey or sugar **
Preparation on the stove
Bring the water with the tea bags to a boil in a saucepan and then simmer on reduced heat for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the tea bags with a slotted spoon and add the spices. Simmer again for about 30 minutes on low heat. Then pull out the large pieces of spice with the slotted spoon and pour the concentrate through a sieve into a jug. Let cool a little, then add the honey or sugar. Stir until everything is dissolved. Pour into a bottle and store in the refrigerator. It lasts for at least 3-4 weeks.
Preparation in the Instant Pot:
Put all ingredients except the honey in the Instant Pot, close the lid and set in manual mode for 5 minutes. The whole thing takes about 15 minutes with pressure build-up. Then immediately release the pressure, remove the tea and spices with a slotted spoon (alternatively pour through a sieve and pour the concentrate back into the pot) and stir in honey or sugar. If necessary, speed up the dissolving of the sugar on sauté or let it boil down for a few minutes.
Preparation in a regular pressure cooker:
The same procedure as for the Instant Pot, but bring the pot to high pressure on the highest setting and then reduce the heat supply so that the pot holds the highest pressure level for 3 minutes.
Prepare the chai latte
Depending on the desired intensity, put 3-4 tablespoons in a cup with hot milk, then top with milk foam.
Tip for a less milky chai latte:
Double the amount of water when boiling. Then add 1 part concentrate to 2 parts milk.
* "Work" the cardamom pods with either a mortar or the handle end of a large knife so that the small balls are at least visible, or come out.
** In order not to destroy the healthy ingredients of the honey, the concentrate should first cool to "lukewarm" (approx. 40 ° C) before the honey is stirred in. Alternatively, sugar or xylitol / erythritol can also be used. Or a mixture of these sweeteners.
For a narrow-gauge program with fewer ingredients, you can also combine chai tea bags with black tea bags and add cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves.
You can find my recommendation for kitchen appliances in my shop.
- Where does Madonna live in New York
- Sr3 how to get nyte sound outfit
- What does nil mortalibus ardui est
- Private hypnosis club igor ledochowski
- What is tracheitis in dogs
- Whole Health Employee Houston Reviews
- Replace everything everywhere sim vodacom
- What does Fevimtra stand for?
- Andrei protsouk posters wholesale
- How to register a Skype account 2014
- 2008 Toyota Fielder accessories wholesale
- How your creates added value
- Whatsapp for maior de 18 anos feliz
- How did Hannah Wiedeck die
- How to heal galis ng aso
- Which angle for saw legs
- Oldiblog Goodsites, how I met your mother
- Hurricane fastener sticks, though
- How to use astro a50 on mac
- Wholesale old town coffee Malaysia
- Generic list sort c # linq where
- How to whip amulcreme by hand
- What is 2ag category in cetat
- How to develop an open source application foundation