How to say hello uncle in Spanish
A basic Spanish vocabulary is the basis for every start of learning. Our series on the topic continues here Vocabulary lists. If you want to learn English, take a look at our English vocabulary list. In this article we are talking aboutvida bonita, familia, trabajo, cocina: we have several Spanish vocabulary lists with basic vocabulary created for you. Whether you're traveling, having a business meeting or an emergency ... you'll find the everyday vocabulary you need here, at13 vocabulary lists sorted by subject divided up.
If you want to learn Spanish quickly, learning new vocabulary is essential. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate level learner or advanced, ours Spanish vocabulary tables will be useful to you in many situations of daily life. So that you can basic spanish vocabulary find it easier, we have it sorted by topic.
click in the main menu below on the list of basic Spanish vocabularyyou need and find all the vocabulary and idiomatic expressions you need to know at a glance. You know that at MosaLingua we are fans of the Pareto Law: 20% of everything you need to learn in 80% of the situations. That's why you won't find just that here Basic vocabulary, but 20% of what you need 80% of the time.
Vocabulary lists sorted by subject ^
Basic Spanish vocabulary: Greetings ^
If you are a beginner then it should be said again that you are on the list spanish Basic vocabulary Find. You can use the following Spanish vocabulary list, as well as the two following lists, on the subject of courtesy and conversation, learn according to your needs. It is the most important vocabulary you should know when traveling to a Spanish-speaking country or when exchanging ideas with a native Spanish speaker.
- Good day: Buenos dias
- Good evening: Buenas tardes
- Good night: Good night
Here are the wordsdías, tardes and still in plural. In some Latin American countries, or also in Spain, it is more common to use everyday language to simply "Buenas”Says.
- How are you? (formal) or How are you?: ¿Cómo está? (formal) or ¿Qué tal?
- Very good thank you:Muy bien, gracias
- What's your name?:¿Cómo te llamas?
- My name is… : Me llamo ...
- Bye or ciao:adiós orChau (informal)
- See you soon: Hasta pronto
- See you later: Hasta luego
- Yes: sí
- I do not know:No sé
Basic Spanish vocabulary: courtesy
- You're welcome: Por favor
- Thanks: Gracias
- My pleasure: De nada
- I am pleased: Mucho Gusto
- Sorry: Disculpe, Perdón
- That doesn't matter:No importa
- Good luck:Buena suerte
- Please allow / please excuse (to walk past someone): Permiso, con permiso (para pasar)
- Please sit down: Siéntese, por favor
- I agree:Estoy de acuerdo
- It's alright, it's good:Está bien, está bueno
- I'm really sorry:¡Lo siento mucho!
Basic Spanish vocabulary: have a first conversation
If we were to give you all the vocabulary for a conversation, we would have to give you a dictionary! Therefore it should be said once again that we only have the Spanish basic vocabulary selected to have. Namely the one who allows you to have a first conversation. This subject-related Spanish vocabulary will also enable you to avoid misunderstandings, understand correctly, and most importantly to make oneself understood.
- I am German, Austrian, Swiss:Soy alemán - alemana, austríaco - austríaca, suizo - suiza
- I do not understand: No entiendo
- Do you understand me ?: ¿Me entiende? (usted someone you-zen)
- Is there anyone here who speaks German ?:¿Hay alguien que hable alemán?
- How do you say ... in Spanish ?:¿Cómo se dice… en Español?
- What do you call that ?:¿Cómo se llama esto?
- What's the name of … ? : ¿Qué significa ...?
- Slower please: más despacio, por favor
- I do not speak Spanish well:No hablo (muy bien) español
- I speak a little spanish: Hablo un poco de español
- You misunderstood me: No me ha entendido bien
- Can you repeat that please ?: ¿Puedes repetirlo, por favor?
- I'm learning spanish:Estoy aprendiendo español
To have your first conversations in Spanish, you can also download our free Spanish conversation guide. Sign up, it's free!
Basic Spanish vocabulary: family members
The basic Spanish vocabulary on the subject of family will be particularly useful if you are a beginner. It's always good to know how to say mother, father or children ...
- the parents: los padres
- the mother: la madre
- the father:el padre
- the child: el niño or la niña
- the grandpa: el abuelo
- the grandmother: la abuela
- Daughter: la hija
- Son: el hijo
- Uncle: el tío
- Aunt: la tía
- Stepmother / stepfather: la madrastra / el padrastro
- Mother-in-law / father-in-law: la suegra (madre del esposo o de la esposa) / el suegro (padre del esposo o de la esposa)
- Brothers: el hermano
- Sister:la hermana
- Cousin cousin :la prima / el primo
Basic Spanish vocabulary: eat / drink
We have only created a selection of the basic vocabulary here. If you want to know more detailed lists of fruit names, names of vegetables, foods and spices, then simply download our Spanish app.
- the food: la comida
- the drinks: las bebidas
- Vegetables: las verduras
- Cook: cocinar
- I'm hungry: Tengo hambre
- I'm thirsty:Tengo sed
- breakfast: el desayuno
- the lunch: el almuerzo
- the dinner: la cena
- What is the dish of the day ?:¿Cuál es el plato del día?
- What would you like to eat?: ¿Qué le gustaría comer?
- Can I have the bill, please ?: Puedo tener la cuenta, ¿por favor?
- This is very good:Está muy sabroso (a)
- Good Appetite:¡Buen Provecho!
- salty: salado (a)
Basic Spanish vocabulary: clothes
- the piece of clothing: la prenda, la ropa
- the shoes: los zapatos
- the pants: el pantalón
- the tshirt / shirt: la camiseta / la camisa
- the jacket: la chaqueta
- the skirt: la falda
- the sweater: el suéter
- the dress: el vestido
Basic Spanish vocabulary: date and time ^
- Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday:Lunes, Martes, Miércoles, Jueves, Viernes, Sábado, Domingo
- January: Enero
- February: Febrero
- March: Marzo
- June: June
- July: Julio
- August: Agosto
- What time is it?: ¿Qué hora es? / ¿Qué horas son?
- the hour: la hora
- the day: elslide
- one week: una semana
- a month:un mes
- a year: un año
- the morning: (por) la mañana
- the afternoon: la tarde
- the evening / night:la noche
- the noon: mediodía
Basic Spanish vocabulary: work
- Motivation letter: Carta de motivación
- the CV: el CV
- the company / the company:la company, el negocio, la compañia
- the boss: el jefe
- the employee: el empleado
- to go to work: ir al trabajo
- the working hours: el horario de trabajo
- The strategy:la strategy
- the freelance / self-employed:el freelance / independiente
If you want to learn more specific Spanish vocabulary related to the corporate world and / or study Spanish, we have an app for you on the subject. Feel free to download the Professional Spanish app!
Basic Spanish vocabulary: travel
- the trip: viaje
- the luggage: el equipaje
- the departure / arrival: la salida / la llegada
- the ID (s): los documentos de identidad
- Air ticket:plane ticket
- Boarding pass: the billete de avión
- Where are you travelling to?: ¿A dónde va?
- I would like to reserve a room for two people:Me gustaría reservar una habitación para dos personas
- an inexpensive hotel: un hotel económico
- the car:coche / carro
- Driving license: el permiso de conducir
- refuel: echar gasolina
- Can you show me that on the map? :¿Me puede mostrar en el mapa?
- I want to… :Quiero ir a ...
- I've lost my way. Could you help me, please?: Estoy perdido (a), ¿me puede ayudar, por favor?
- Where are we?: ¿Dónde estamos?
Again, if you need more information, we recommend that you download our app for learning Spanish. There you will find a summary of the basic vocabulary on the subject of “travel”, broken down by means of transport (plane, car, bus, train) and also depending on the activity (reserve a room, where to fly, etc.).
Basic Spanish vocabulary: in an emergency
This basic vocabulary of Spanish vocabulary is essential when traveling to Spain or a Spanish-speaking country for a few days or for a long stay. If so, don't forget to take the following list with you in your luggage.
- Help! / Help me !:¡Socorro! ¡Ayúdeme!
- I need your help: Necesito su ayuda
- This is an emergency: Es una emergencia
- I lost my passport: He perdido mi pasaporte
- Leave me in peace!: ¡Déjeme en paz!
- It's burning!: ¡Hay un incendio!
- I urgently need a doctor:Necesito un médico urgentemente
- I'm sick: Estoy enfermo (a)
- the drug:el medicamento
- Where can I find the nearest pharmacy ?:¿Dónde está la farmacia más cercana?
- I go to the hospital: Voy al hospital
- A headache: el dolor de cabeza
Basic Spanish vocabulary: state / feeling
Here is a list of the vocabulary you should know to express your feelings by adding adjectives to your statements.
- satisfied: contento (a), feliz, alegre
- depressed: deprimido (a)
- concerned: preocupado (a)
- excited: emocionado (a), excitado (a)
- calm, calm: tranquilo (a), calmado (a)
- annoyed, nervous: nervioso (a)
Basic Spanish vocabulary: a few adjectives
- New: nuevo (a)
- fast: rápido (a)
- closed: cerrado (a)
- open:abierto (a)
- warm: caliente
- cold: frío
- small:pequeño (a)
- clean: limpio (a)
- funny: divertido (a), gracioso (a)
- sympathetic:simpático, agradable
Basic Spanish vocabulary: a few verbs
This is just a short list of vocabulary. But it allows you to learn the most important and widely used Spanish verbs.
- be: estar, ser
- to have: haber (verbo auxiliar), tener
- communicate: comunicar
- act: actuar
- Life: vivir
- to reach:alcanzar
- have: poseer
- take away:quitar, eliminar
- numbers: pagar
- develop:expand (se)
How do you learn Spanish vocabulary by topic? ^
It's no secret like youlearn the Spanish vocabulary organized by subject: You have to learn it by heart. The only way to memorize vocabulary and expressions is through them to anchor in your long-term memory. That doesn't mean that learning by heart can't be fun! You can learning quite amusing by doing it combine with fun activities.
First, you need to find something that interests you and meets your needs. Don't hesitate to check out our Spanish learning app. The advantage is that you don't have to spend hours studying to make progress. You can also study for just 5 to 10 minutes a day ... that's enough to get you started! Our app then sends you notifications when you should repeat your previously learned vocabulary. Until this subject-related Spanish vocabulary has established itself in your long-term memory.
And how can you learn and have fun at the same time? ^
We'll tell you how you can combine learning with fun activities and which onesActivities you can best learn basic Spanish vocabulary.
- You can start by jotting down the subject-related Spanish vocabulary on post-its and sticking them on whatever you want to learn! For example everyday objects. You should also stick them on visible places in your home so that you can see them regularly. So repeat them and fully integrate.
- One of our favorite activities is watching Spanish films to expand vocabulary and improve listening skills in the process.
- You can also watch Spanish series or listen to the radio, getting your hearing used to the Spanish language.
We have summarized all the fun activities in a guide on how to learn Spanish quickly. Be sure to read it through! And don't miss our article: 50 Spanish Words on Current Events.
On video: some Spanish jokes ^
What better way to learn a language than the good old jokes? To conclude on a humorous note, discover some Spanish jokes and their translations on video. Do you see now that you can learn Spanish vocabulary in a fun way too? 😉
The video is available in English with subtitles in several languages.
And don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you don't miss any more tips and tricks with our entertaining videos!
- Phil Howard and Milwaukee
- Tumi je amar kobita sanmina chowdhury
- When was Barboncito born to run
- Who is Nicolaos Menis
- Spencer Boyer Howard Law Review
- Box dachowy xtreme forum
- How to Delete Tinder from Facebook
- How many calories are in oatmeal flour
- Non-osmotic laxatives, how they work
- Silicone allergy what to avoid
- Ff9 where you can find green plains chocograph
- Plastic bottles wholesale free of charge
- When was plastic first used in cars?
- Has sarah orzechowski betrayed brendon urie
- What is broadcast node type
- Chowhaus lessons in a week
- Who sings, I'll wait for you
- Isaac kotlyarevsky costco wholesale
- Baljak manhwa descargar whatsapp
- Powersuite Schneider Descargar WhatsApp
- Dr. Who Hub Singapore Math
- Pokemon how to evolve togepi quickly
- How to Channel Energy in One Blow
- How Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola died