Choctawhatchee Bay depth maps
Cool facts about Florida’s Choctawhatchee Bay
Stretching some 30 miles from end-to-end and spanning 4 to 6 miles across at any given point, Choctawhatchee Bay is home to an abundance of redfish, speckled trout, shrimp, oysters, gulf menhaden, blue crab, flounder, striped mullet, white mullet, and of course, the ever-delightful dolphins.
Choctawhatchee Bay’s also home to endangered species, including the giant gulf sturgeon (think huge but harmless alligator-looking fish), which seasonally migrate through the bay up into the Choctawhatchee River system to spawn.
Old Field Studio
The bay and its adjoining bayous and rivers are ideal for boating, fishing, YOLO boarding, kayaking and eco tours. For deep-sea excursions, the Gulf can easily be accessed through the pass in Destin, or using the gorgeous Intracoastal Canal to travel east to the pass in Panama City Beach. Both Destin and PCB have lively harbors lined with fun restaurants and bars for boaters to enjoy.
If you don’t own a boat, there are still plenty of ways to access and enjoy the bay, including the public park under the 331 bridge and the new park on the north side of the bridge.
For tranquil vistas of the grassy shallows, visit Eden Gardens State Park or Hogtown Bayou (on County Road 393 North), where you can watch the wildlife and, if you're lucky, a pod of dolphins fishing for mullet. Just north across Choctawhatchee Bay, Live Oak Landing offers campsites, quaint cottages, guided fishing excursions and more, all along the gorgeous Black River. For bay-side dining and nightlife, visit The Bay, North Beach Tortilla Co. or Farm and Fire at the southern foot of the 331 bridge, or visit the marina at Baytowne Wharf. From here, you can even jump aboard the Solaris for sunset, dolphin and dinner cruises.
If gator-spotting is on your bucket list (although hopefully it's not theload item on your list), schedule a private river excursion. Choctawhatchee’s undeveloped rivers and canals are absolutely beautiful and are also abundant with wildlife of all varieties, including ospreys and bald eagles.
- What date is 238 days from today
- Haunebu 2 test flight how to train
- Top 10 failures that Tiberius succeeded in
- What are 3 types of igneous bodies
- Mompox Colombia jewelry wholesale
- Where is Victor Agali now
- Who are Bruno Mars backup singers
- Shulman Lee those who understand
- 1 stick of cinnamon corresponds to how much ground
- Si supieras manoella torres descargar whatsapp
- Michael Tomescu How did he die
- How to install door frame moldings
- What is a river basin BBC BBC Bitesize
- How to calculate stride length by height
- Nokia 208 WhatsApp Mobile9 Gallery
- What does enter o mean in medical terms
- How to feel psychic energy
- Guess what's in it, use worksheets
- How are the pardoned and the summoner?
- How to play pirate bay ps3 games
- What is Lifelock Command Center Protection Suite
- How to dab without a rig
- When the blow drops an eyebrow vine
- How to permanently reprint the entry permit