What do antfish eat?
Anteater: Information in the animal lexicon
General information about the giant anteater
The giant anteater, scientifically Myrmecophaga tridactyla, occurs in large parts of Central and South America. Giant anteaters have nothing in common with real bears except their name. Biologically, they belong to the family of Myrmecophagidae and how sloths and armadillos belong to the group of Sub-articulated animals.
There are still three genres today. In addition to the giant anteater, there are also the dwarf anteaters (Cyclopes) and the Tamanduas (Tamandua). Their closest relatives are the sloths and armadillos. They only eat ants and termites. They eat up to 35,000 of the insects every day.
Habitat: where does the anteater live?
Giant anteaters are at home in the forests, swamps, but especially in the savannahs of Central and South America. The loners claim territories of up to 25 square kilometers. Often only one animal lives in an area as large as the island of Sylt! If two anteaters meet, it can sometimes lead to bloody fights.
height and weight
The animals reach a head-trunk length of up to 140 centimeters, the tail is another 60 to 90 centimeters long. and then weigh just under 40 kilograms. Strong specimens bring up to 39 kilograms on the scales. Males are usually slightly larger and heavier than females.
How old do giant anteaters get?
Nobody knows exactly how old the animals get in the wild. An anteater in the zoo was already upset 26 years.
Reproduction: Offspring of the great anteater
In spring, the female anteater gives birth to a single cub after six months of gestation, which opens its eyes after about six days and is suckled for about six months. At the age of three months, young animals begin to eat ants and termites in addition to their mother's milk. When they are ten to twelve months old, they move on to solid foods for good.
Does the anteater have enemies?
Puma, jaguar, birds of prey - and humans too. Although they are under protection, giant anteaters are hunted. Because their thick skin can be processed into leather and the shaggy tail into brooms or fly wagons.#Subjects
- What does that definitely mean maybe
- Games in which enemies surrender
- What do windshield columns mean
- Dastan farm owner Howard
- Who Makes Master Mechanic Shop Vacs
- Using the subreport in the Devexpress dashboard
- Who is alex and eliza bolen
- Tellmewhen Warlock Settings app
- Punjabi status for WhatsApp due to death
- Tony moly lip tint wholesale malaysian
- Ewa orzechowska dudek sochaczew polska
- Vulkan Vaporizer Wholesale China
- How to get retroactive health insurance
- What does Shad mean in Farsi
- 2007 isuzu nqr specs howard
- What does stuttering Stanley mean
- Gta san andreas basketball how to immerse
- El Debarge, which is the Johnny Remix Contest
- At what temperature does copper superconductor
- John and Scarlett Howard
- Sztucer howa 1500 cena
- How to use rotors in aerospace engineers
- How to fill out nypd apd 19
- Consecutive whole numbers between 66