My inner thigh hurts when I cough
Problem: My inner thigh hurts. - Health Injuries - 2021
Q: Does your pain increase with activity and decrease with inactivity? Are you limping?
If the answer is yes, you may have muscle tension or stimulation, see A below. If the answer is no, read on.
Q: Does the pain come and go during the day? Do you feel pain when you sit and then go away when you run?
If the answer is yes, you may have a back injury, see B. below. If no, read on.
Q: Has the pain been going on for months? Do you feel stiff in the morning? Does it go away after exercise?
If the answer is yes, you could have arthritis, see C. If no, read on.
Q: Do exercise activities increase pain? Does hopping on the sore leg lead to severe pain?
If the answer is yes, a voltage break could occur, see D below. If not, read on.
Q: Does it hurt when you run hard? Do you feel weakness or numbness inside your thigh?
If the answer is yes, you could have a hernia, see E.
A Muscle strain is common in runners who overfeed too soon, says Lisa Callahan, M.D., New York City Hospital for Special Surgery. Treat with RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). Light to moderate loads improve within two weeks. If you don't see improvement with RICE, it may be a muscle pull that requires medical attention.
B. Back pain or injuries can present as groin pain. It could be a simple case of muscle weakness that can be easily corrected by stretching and force, or it could be a severe case of floppy disks or nerves, says Marjorie A. King, Ph.D. State University in New Hampshire. Ask your doctor.
C. Arthritis is inflammation of the joints; it causes pain, stiffness, and swelling. Walk on softer surfaces every other day and wear well-cushioned shoes, says Dr. Callahan. Consider weight training for the muscles that support the hips. If symptoms get worse, exercise instead of running. Applying heat and stretching the groin can also help.
D. Stress fractures are microcracks in the bone. You can have a stress fracture anywhere on your thigh, hip, or pelvis and experience it as groin pain. Ask your doctor about a diagnosis. It is important to take a stress fracture very seriously and allow it to heal. Otherwise, a complete fracture may result, which will require surgical treatment. Treatment requests are dormant for six to twelve weeks.
E. An inguinal hernia occurs when part of the intestine bulges through the abdominal wall. A sports hernia is weakness or rupture of the deep abdominal muscles. Ask your doctor about a diagnosis. It can take up to six months to heal.
- Howard mans attorney Memphis TN
- Bachcha singh dhanbad to howrah
- Swollen lips allergic reaction how to treat
- When the light switch sparkles
- How to edit quick text in Outlook
- How much is 100 g of powdered sugar
- 2 p.m. is the time in the mountains
- How to cook sinigang sa miso tuna
- Chanca Piedra tea how much to drink
- How I lost my legs
- How to play altissimo on soprano sax
- What does Safe Harbor Match Frozen
- 407021 capacitor, what fu numbers mean
- Izanagi online where you get in at 47
- Blocked ear pain when belching
- Leung how to pronounce louboutin
- Gina vera he knows how to write
- What is Ariana Grande's favorite number
- Austin Emmanuel Yoruba actor who has died
- Transistor bc847 how to test it
- Who is Alexis and Jim Bellini
- How to make underwater crab habitat
- What is my SMS center number