What is sweet brown rice good for?
Brown rice: This is why brown rice is so healthy
It has bite, tastes a bit nutty, its glycemic index is pleasantly low and that is why it keeps you full for a long time: Brown rice, also known as brown rice, is still an insider tip in the kitchen. Not to be confused with wild rice. And yes, there is even the fragrant Basmati rice as brown rice, including nutrient-rich silver skin. Time to spread the word about how healthy brown rice is.
What is brown rice?
As the name suggests, brown rice is a natural product. All the complex processing steps that are necessary to produce brilliant white rice are no longer necessary. The starch grain remains surrounded by bran, seedling and aleurone layer - that is, the complete rice packaging.
Brown rice is not sanded, so it looks light to deep brown.
Brown rice is the whole grain version of white rice: different taste, different preparation and different nutrients! It is available as round grain and long grain rice.
This is why brown rice is so healthy
Whole grain rice has more vitamins, minerals and unsaturated fatty acids than white rice. Almost half of the fat content of brown rice is accounted for by polyunsaturated fatty acids, which, among other things, are essential for maintaining our cells and a functioning cardiovascular system.
Due to its fiber content, brown rice lies longer in the stomach and demands significantly more enzyme work from our digestive system until it releases its ingredients for the cells and tissues. In this way, satiety lasts longer and cravings are avoided.
The starch inside is not converted into sugar as quickly and the blood sugar level is not driven up as quickly as with white rice. The risk of diabetes is therefore also lower.
Arsenic in brown rice
Unfortunately, brown rice may also contain more arsenic. The magazine Eco test has carried out a major pollutant check at a large number of rice manufacturers and discovered various heavy metals, including arsenic in particular, in whole grain rice. Only two products got a satisfactory one: “Holo Camargue long grain brown rice, organic” and “Dennree long grain rice whole grain organic”. All other rice products were inferior.
However, the pollutants can be removed from brown rice by intensive washing, as the recommendation of the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) confirms.
Brown rice: nutritional values and ingredients
|ingredients||per 100 grams|
|Vitamin B1||410 µg|
|Vitamin B6||670 µg|
Prepare brown rice
Brown rice is great for everyone who is vegetarian or vegan and who wants to lose weight. It is filling longer and contains a lot of healthy ingredients. It is not used for sushi - that can of course change.
You can prepare it in two very different ways: boil it normally in water and cook it in the oven. The first two steps are the same for both types of preparation:
- Wash rice! A crucial step that is overlooked far too often. Washing washes away excess starch from the rice grain and shortens the cooking time. Nutrients are not lost in the process.
- For four servings of brown rice, add 250 g of rice with twice the amount of water and 0.5 teaspoon of salt. Boil the rice bubbling and let it cook over high heat for about 10 minutes.
Preparation variant 1: Cooking brown rice on the stove
- Reduce the heat to medium and let the rice simmer for another 20 minutes. Stir every now and then so that the rice doesn't stick too much to the bottom of the pot.
- At the end of the cooking time - approximately after 30 minutes - the cooking water should have been completely absorbed by the rice. You can now pull the pot off the stove, stir the rice again and leave it to stand for another 5-7 minutes with the lid closed.
Preparation variant 2: Cook brown rice in the oven
- Put a lid on the pot and put it in the oven at 200 degrees. The pot must of course be heat-resistant, including the handles.
- Brown rice takes about an hour to soften with this cooking method.
Brown rice should always be cooked using the soaking method - that is, only as much water is used as the rice can absorb. If rice is boiled in a lot of water and then drained, all the good nutrients and flavorings go down the drain.
Storage tip brown rice
Brown rice should always be stored in the refrigerator, regardless of whether it is dry or cooked. The dry goods become inedible more quickly because the fatty acids in the outer shell quickly taste rancid. Cooked rice, regardless of the type of rice, should go to the refrigerator as soon as possible if there are leftovers. This is the best way to prevent nasty food pathogens from spreading.
What goes with brown rice?
Pan-fried vegetables and healthy bowls - such as Poké Bowl, for example - work really well. When choosing vegetables, crunchy varieties such as green asparagus, paprika, carrots or snow peas are great. Brown rice also cuts a fine figure as a soup or in a wok. If you want it even more nutty, you can simply roast a few nuts - for example walnuts, pecans or cashews - and mix them with the rice.
Where can you buy brown rice?
With a bit of luck, brown rice can be found in a well-stocked supermarket or in the drugstore. You will definitely find what you are looking for in organic shops and in good old health food stores. Brown rice is so far not a mass product - it would be healthier and more environmentally friendly!
- Dog the bounty hunter how old
- Benifuuki green tea soap how to make
- Kajukenbo karate patches go wherever
- How much do inglot pallets cost
- Do all the computation from Bloomberg Financial News
- Colored raine whatever swatch sistem
- How to change password wifi opennet
- Who's Woman in Buick Advertising
- What is love Cover Brookwell girl
- How to dive 10 feet
- How to Root Mandevilla Cuttings
- Ronald lachowicz kwidzyn cinema
- Wholesale cow gate milk prices
- Kabanana actors who have died
- WAVIN UK products wholesale
- How to paralyze someone in Skyrim
- How to pronounce hachimaki
- What is Chef Roble Ali's ethnicity
- What year was 911 crash site pictures
- Myvi squeaks when breathing
- Where to put diffusers in a room
- How do you score with pfiq 7
- 30 Rathowen Lisnaskea County
- How many crescents are there in the bathroom?