What is the recipient's letterhead
The letterhead for an application - what is important?
When writing an application, the question of the letterhead may initially seem relatively unimportant - what can you do wrong? As you will read in the following lines, quite a few things can actually go wrong. In order to avoid that, you will find some tips and hints in this article, with which the letterhead succeeds well and completes your application perfectly.
What is a letterhead anyway?
- Your own address
- First and Last Name
- Street and house number
- Postal code and city
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- If necessary, website or similar (if relevant and if available)
- The recipient's address
- Company Name
- At best, salutation, first and last name from the direct contact person
- Street and house number
- Postal code and city
- The current date + location
Stick to the norm with the letterhead
Of course, you want to attract attention with your application and, if possible, stand out from a large number of applicants. For this it is good if you design your documents individually. However, you should avoid too many experiments - after all, an application is also a kind of business letter that should always be structured according to certain criteria. Within these guidelines there is still room for your own creativity so that your cover letter stands out from the crowd.
It may sound strange at first, but there is actually a standard for creating letterheads and (business) correspondence - the so-called DIN 5008. This defines rules and recommendations that make for well-structured correspondence . Of course, these requirements are not stipulated by law - but it makes sense to use these recommendations as a guide, as they have already become fixed standards and guarantee the recipient a certain degree of clarity. If you do not adhere to it, you run the risk of attracting negative attention to your cover letter with recruiters.
The right fonts for the letterhead
In order to guarantee good readability, the choice of the right font is crucial. There is a seemingly endless selection in common word processing programs - however, not every font is suitable for writing an application.
The font size should be between 10pt and 12pt so that the reader does not have any difficulties reading your documents.
At best, choose one of the classic fonts - Times New Roman, for example, is a serif font. The easy connection of the letters to each other makes reading easier and the text can be grasped quickly. An alternative is the sans serif Arial font, which is easy to read even if the font is smaller than 11 or 12 pt. However, use a minimum font size of 10 here as well.
A successful design of the letterhead
Your own address
Your own contact details are ideally placed right at the beginning in the header of your cover letter so that they can be entered quickly. The classic variant, right-aligned and one below the other, no longer has to be adhered to. A left-aligned or centered address is also perfectly fine these days.
In addition, your address can be written in abbreviated form (only first and last name, street, house number, zip code and city) in a single line over the recipient's address block.
The recipient's address
Pay attention to the completeness of the name of the company, the correct spelling and also the correct legal form (GmbH, AG, etc.) - otherwise it can be embarrassing and you end up immediately in the off. At best, you know the full name of your contact person - you can then write this on the second line. The "z. Hd. “/ Z. H. “can be omitted today. If you do not know a specific name, it is sufficient to simply write “Human Resources” in the second line.
The address of the recipient is placed in such a way that it can be completely seen in the envelope with a viewing window when it is sent. To do this, it must have nine lines (approx. 5.5 cm) from the top of the page, approx. 2.5 cm to the left edge of the page and should be a maximum of 8.5 cm wide.
date and location
The current date and place are right-justified in cover letters, usually with two to three blank lines from the address field.
Then start the actual cover letter with the two lines below.
The line spacing is also specified in the DIN standard for a business letter (and nothing else is an application for a German civil servant): it should be 1 to 1.5. But please don't get stuck on it. As long as the overall picture looks coherent, there is nothing against using a line spacing of 2.
It is extremely unlikely that you will receive a rejection because the line spacing does not comply with the standard.
Is everything too cumbersome? Then simply apply to Orizon!
With us, a cover letter is only really necessary in a few cases, as we do the persuasion work for you with our customers. It is therefore sufficient for us if you send us your résumé and contact details if you are.
We will then be happy to clarify everything else in a personal conversation with you.
- In addition to the address of the recipient, your own address as well as the date and place belong to the letterhead.
- If you want to work in an area that involves a lot of formal correspondence or you suspect that the recipient of your application is more traditional, you should ensure that you comply with the DIN standard.
- Otherwise, it only depends on the position of the recipient's address if you want to send the application in printed form by post. Apart from that, you are much more free to design.
Ready? Then nothing can go wrong and you can move on to the next part of the application.
Receive free career tips!
- What is a welfare UFO number
- How to Mirror a Wiki Sitemap
- I535 how to bypass activation verizon droid
- Howard Wendy Harrison NY
- Who makes Ikea Datid Hood
- How to stiffen soft cookie dough
- How to draw an equilateral triangle in cad
- Abn andhra jyothi whatsapp number girl
- How is paleomagnetism data collected so far
- 91 tracker ecm how to test
- What is string halt in horses
- How do I install Tunnelbear Mac
- What does canonical five meaning
- Ronald lachowicz kwidzyn cinema
- How to delete a list in C #
- How to change party members ff7 advent
- Where sagittal and coronal sutures meet Joe
- How to get colored tire smoke
- How to Farm in Borderlands
- Who Owns Cokenach Estate
- Memtest how to run usb in dos
- When is the mlb super 2 deadline
- When did the first fleet leave Portsmouth
- How to change the name in the Photoshop certificate
- How to lengthen vileda mop handle
- How to calculate biodiversity in Excel
- Short dated groceries wholesale uk clothing
- How to clear the check box in Excel 2007
- Bella Eduardo Verastegui Descargar WhatsApp
- What is an okonaimasu
- Chain letter whatsapp 2014 fadaih
- Sanskrit slokas on brother where art
- How much apple cider vinegar for weight loss