What is E-QIP Background Study
What is an Alien Registration Number and where do I find it?
Also known as an A-Number, your Alien Registration Number is a seven- to nine-digit number that can be found on a variety of documents from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the former INS. USCIS uses the Alien Registration Number to track the immigration files for immigrants (and some nonimmigrants). It's also a critical piece of information when preparing new USCIS forms to request immigration benefits. If your A-Number is fewer than nine digits, insert a zero after the “A” and before the first digit to create a nine-digit number. For example, "12345678" would become "A012345678."
U.S.-born citizens and many nonimmigrant visitors do not have alien registration numbers.
Find A-Number on a Green Card
If you have a permanent resident card (green card), you can find your Alien Registration Number on the front side. (The number is also embedded within the characters on the backside as well.) In the example below, the A-Number is listed as “000-001-001” underneath USCIS #.
The sample green card below was issued between 2004-2010. The A-Number is listed as “000-000-000” next to A #.
USCIS does not assign everyone to an A-Number. USCIS creates an Alien Registration Number for every permanent resident. Generally, they do not assign the number to nonimmigrant visitors. Nonimmigrants include anyone that is in the United States on a temporary basis. B1 / B2 visas are nonimmigrant visas for visitors. However, USCIS may assign the Alien Registration Number to certain classes of nonimmigrants that have been granted employment authorization or other benefits.
RECOMMENDED:How to Get a Copy of Your Alien File (Immigration Records)
Find A-Number on an EAD
If you do not have a green card, you may be able to find your Alien Registration Number on other immigration documents such as an Employment Authorization Document (work permit). In the example below, the A-Number is listed as “000-000-811” underneath USCIS #.
If you are unable to locate your Alien Registration Number on one of the documents below, CitizenPath can help you request your A-Number through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request. We'll help you prepare Form G-639, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request and provide instructions on how to file it with USCIS. Use Form G-639 to get a copy of your A-Number or even your entire immigration file. You should expect it to take at least 8 weeks before USCIS responds with the requested A-Number and much longer for complete immigration files. CitizenPath can help you prepare Form G-639, FOIA Request for a very low cost. Once prepared, it's free to file. Get started now >>
Find A-Number on Immigrant Visa
You can also find an Alien Registration Number on an immigrant visa. Your immigrant visa, also called a visa stamp or visa foil, is found in your passport. Your A-Number is identified as the “Registration Number” in the top right portion of the visa stamp.
Note: The visa pictured above is an immigrant visa. It's different than a nonimmigrant visa. A nonimmigrant visa does not contain an Alien Registration Number.
Find A-Number on Notice of Action
Some versions of the Notice of Action may contain the Alien Registration Number. In the I-797C (biometrics notice) below, the A-Number is located in the top / right of the document next to USCIS #.
Find A-Number on Immigrant Data Summary
If you applied for your green card through consular processing (applied for green card at a U.S. embassy or consulate), you probably had an Immigrant Data Summary stapled to the front of your immigrant visa package. You can find your A-Number at the top of the Immigrant Data Summary, as shown in the picture below.
Find A-Number on Immigrant Fee Handout
Again, if you applied for your green card through consular processing, the immigration officer probably gave you a USCIS Immigrant Fee handout. This document provides instructions on how to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee and includes your A-Number in the top right corner, as shown below.
- How to check the meaning of the Veritas cluster version
- Waiting for sunrise which is Andromeda Dunker
- C diff isolation if ethambutol is to be discontinued
- Nowhere man Roku USB stick
- Nice smile means something
- How the camera is connected to atmega16
- What does eip unposted article mean
- What muscles do cherry pickers train
- How to pass p g reasoning test
- 1 page Microsoft Word, how many words
- Projections planisphere how to use
- What is bound method python programming
- Chain letter whatsapp 2014 fadaih
- What is the informalization of the workforce
- Describe what happened to the Lusitania
- What is the full form of dpro
- Execute the command stops when os is idle
- What is dissatisfied bowel
- Howard 100 Promo Codes
- What's Benzoylmethylecgonine for Sale
- Who is Houngan Amadou
- How to make brake cable ends
- How to Play Big Valley Harmonica Lessons
- What if you had animal foot activities
- What do windshield columns mean
- When you come through text
- Who makes Roisin's chocolate for Aldine
- How to make wet bread pan. more quickly
- How to play a bottle cap baseball game
- How to re-emerge concrete porch
- How big are prison cells
- Piero albertario pedersoli howdah
- Kahin der na ho jaye wikihow
- Anyway, what is your day like today