What does ctrl old f12 dos
What are the F1 through F12 keys?
The function keys or F-keys on a computer keyboard, labeled F1 through F12, are keys with a special function defined by the operating system or the active program. In certain instances, they may be combined with the or keys.
On some smaller keyboards and laptop computers, the F-keys may have a dedicated purpose, such as changing the screen brightness, the volume, or other device-specific functions. On these keyboards, there's an Fn key that you can hold down to toggle what the F-key does. See our Fn page for further information and help with using this key.
Below is an overview of the more common functions of the F-keys (F1 - F12) for Windows and macOS.
- Used as the help key in almost every program. When pressed, a help screen opens, or you're directed to a web page.
- Enter BIOS setup as the computer is booting.
- + would open the Microsoft Windows help and support center.
- In Excel, press ++ to create a new worksheet tab.
- Open the task pane.
- Pressing + runs a spell check in Corel WordPerfect.
See our F1 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
See our F2 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
- Often opens a search feature for many programs, including Microsoft Windows, when at the Windows desktop on Windows 7 and lower.
- In some programs, after an initial search is performed, finds the next search value.
- In MS-DOS or Windows command line, repeats the last command entered.
- In Microsoft Word, + lowercases any highlighted text.
- + changes the text in Microsoft Word from upper to lowercase or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
- + opens the Advanced find window in Microsoft Outlook.
- In Windows Explorer, start the search function.
- Open Mission Control on an Apple computer running the macOS X operating system.
See our F3 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
See our F4 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
- In all modern Internet browsers, pressing refreshes or reloads the page or document window.
- + forces a complete refresh of the web page, clearing the cache and downloading all contents of the page again.
- Refresh the list of contents in a folder.
- Open the find, replace, and go to window in Microsoft Word.
- Pressing starts a slideshow in PowerPoint from the first slide. Pressing + starts the slideshow from the currently active slide.
- Pressing when the computer is first loading MS-DOS loads the default settings.
See our F5 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
See our F6 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
See our F7 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
- Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly used to access Windows Safe Mode.
- Used by some computers to access the Windows recovery system, but may require a Windows installation CD.
- Displays a thumbnail image for all workspaces in macOS.
- Pressing the F8 key opens the Replace window in TextPad.
See our F8 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
See our F9 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
- In most Microsoft Windows programs, by default, F10 activates the menu bar or Ribbon of an open application.
- + is the same as right-clicking a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
- Access the hidden recovery partition on Compaq, HP, and Sony computers.
- Enter BIOS setup as the computer is booting.
- With macOS 10.3 or later, shows all open Windows for the active program.
See our F10 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
See our F11 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
- Open the Save as window in Microsoft Word.
- + opens a document in Word.
- + saves the Microsoft Word document (like +).
- ++ prints a document in Microsoft Word.
- Open Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, or other browsers debug tool.
- With an Apple running macOS 10.4 or later, F12 shows or hides the Dashboard.
- Preview a page in Microsoft Expression Web.
- Access the list of bootable devices on a computer at startup, allowing you to select a different device to boot from (e.g., hard drive, CD or DVD drive, floppy drive, USB drive, and network).
See our F12 page for further information on this key and it's possible secondary functions.
- On newer Apple keyboards, the F16, F17, F18, and F19 keys are above the number pad.
- Early IBM computers also had keyboards with F13 through F24 keys. However, because these keyboards are no longer used, they are not listed on this page.
- Who over there sings dvd burner
- How to break the ice two points
- How to write a convincing brochure ks2
- Ficht engine over speed when starting
- The car sounds like diesel when accelerating
- What happened to King Curtis' wife swap
- Schuetze TV where was it shot
- Almonds hurt when I cough, I taste it
- Bulk Wholesale Products UK Top
- English subtitles where are we going papa
- Where Adler Film Torrent Dare
- How does c14 fall apart into n14
- Whatsapp for maior de 18 anos feliz
- What does Kei Konei Ra mean
- Which means loose 1 cm expanded
- Who won ablekuma west seat
- How to Find Cheats on Desmume Mac
- Changing wind shift when turning
- Hotlink 365 how to subscribe to iTunes
- Rds rcs email everywhere
- Where was Ed Rabel born
- How to calculate the pipe length for bending
- Makashi knife 22cm is something in inches
- Tomorrow when the war began, Homer's perspective
- How to Increase Brain Concentration Images
- Ma nithya sudevi wikihow
- Remgold Jewelery Wholesale Ltd.
- Gente metiche frases estados para whatsapp
- What does ef01 mean in twc dvr
- How to shape female police hat
- How To Fix A Broken Heart Poems
- What was the first Gothic cathedral
- Where are akoury helmets made of aluminum