How to extract files from MSP package
How to extract Bzip2 files with Terminal
- Unzip a file
- List the contents of a file
- Extract specific files and directories from the compressed file
is a command line utility that allows us to create and extract archives, and it supports the vast majority of compression programs such as,,,,, and. Those with compressed files either end with or. We can use the command to compress and extract files in and format.
Unzip a file
We use the option or followed by the option and then specify the extracted file.
It extracts the compressed file by detecting the type of compression used. We can also use the same command to extract files compressed using other algorithms.
For most Linux users, the utility is installed by default at installation time. For Windows users we have a tool called File Extraction.
If we need some information about the extraction we can use the option.
It will print the names of all extracted files in the terminal.
By default, the compressed file is extracted in the current working directory. To extract the files in a specific directory we can use the or option and specify the path to where the file should be extracted.
The compressed file in the current working directory is extracted into the directory within.
List the contents of a file
To list the contents of a file, we use the or option with the command.
It shows the entire contents of the file.
To get more details about the content like owner, file size, timestamp, we use the option or with the command.
Extract specific files and directories from the compressed file
In order to extract only certain files and directories from the compressed file, we list the names of the files and directories to be extracted after the compressed files followed by a space.
Only the files and are extracted from the compressed file.
When specifying the files, we must use the exact path for the file to be extracted as indicated by the command with the or option.
Only the directories and are extracted from the compressed file.
If we specify the file that does not exist, we will get an output saying that the file was not found.
If the file doesn't exist here, we get the following error:
Related Article - Linux Files and Directories
- Waiting for sunrise which is Andromeda Dunker
- How to print mirror image in picasa
- Howrah Digha Duronto Express menu
- What Every Good Man Deserves Tumblr Drawings
- Massey Ferguson 765 specifies Howard
- When to use toner and emulsion
- Who killed Banasura Asura
- Who are the aces and eight members
- Greg Howe free tabs
- Level 143 What is the word answer
- What does refused mean for CVV errors
- How do I get Lmaobox Premium for free
- Ayrilmaq istemirem statuslar whatsapp
- Where's my car towed San Diego
- What is the ordinal utility approach in business
- How does frost-free fridge freezer work
- Rekluse core exp clutch slips when it's cold
- Who Owns Cokenach Estate
- How to reverse a report on Instagram
- How much does a crap-ton definition cost
- How to maneuver an automatic car
- Nilgosc вЂ ‹вЂ‹ sickness retirement how much
- What does abysmal winner mean
- Wasting water when brushing your teeth
- The singha durbar of the earthquake in Nepal has built
- Seriously who farted electricity
- His nickname was the King of Rocknroll
- What is Brazil known for exporting companies
- What color is silver oxide soluble
- What does signature mean in Latin characters
- Mustang Kisan Tango Wiki like
- How much does a barreleye fish weigh
- How to fix atari 2600 power supply
- How much do Nikko Hurtado tattoos cost