GPS radiation antenna, how to build
This is how you build a raised bed yourself!
We all yearn more and more for nature and for a healthy lifestyle with high-quality, high-energy food ... preferably from our own garden or balcony. Self-sufficiency is becoming more and more popular - a raised bed is a wonderful thing!
When you plant vegetables, herbs and fruits yourself, not only is the harvest a wonderful gift from nature - it is the whole process: from the seeds to the seedlings, the flowers and the plants themselves to the vegetables or fruit.
Raised beds are a great help here - whether on the balcony or in the garden. You can achieve good yields even in the smallest of areas.
You can find out why raised beds are so helpful and how to build them yourself here in our lovely blog.
Why a raised bed? The special advantages of a raised bed:
Better growth for your plants
A raised bed gets its special properties from the layer structure (see below).
This creates a rotting heat (up to 5 ° C warmer than on flat ground) and ensures optimal growth of the plants with a better harvest.
In addition, the edge of the bed protects sensitive seedlings from the wind.
Longer possibility of planting and harvesting in a raised bed
Due to the warmth of the raised bed, planting is possible as early as spring until late autumn.
Weeds under control
Since weeds tend to multiply on the ground through seeds or roots, the raised bed is spared and it is better under control.
Keeping troublemakers away by the height of the raised bed
The height of the bed makes it more difficult for snails, for example, to get to the delicacies.
Voles can be deterred with a grid under the raised bed.
Pleasant gardening in the raised bed
The height is also beneficial for a comfortable posture when gardening - especially back-friendly.
Vegetable patch even without a garden
For those with no or very small gardens, the raised bed is an asset: The best alternative for productive vegetable beds, especially on the balcony.
Set highlights in your garden
It's just an absolute eye-catcher! The different levels make it a highlight in your garden. In addition, you can hide a lot behind it.
What to consider - disadvantages of a raised bed:
High costs - better to build yourself
Unfortunately, the prices for prefabricated kits are very high.
But you can also build it yourself - see self-construction help below.
Elaborate filling of a raised bed
There is so much that fits in this bed!
The individual layers can be brought together from the garden, but should be available, otherwise it will be complicated.
The high-quality soil in the top layer can also add up accordingly.
Noteworthy things for the balcony!
With a balcony you should make sure that it is stable and tight - both the raised bed and the balcony; )
Waterlogging can also occur, so it should not stand directly on the floor of the balcony.
And this is how it works: how do you build your own raised bed!
1. A good plan is always helpful!
Make it clear to you where the best place is for it, how big / high it should be and what you have or still need for it.
We had everything in our garage - so upcycling at its best! You are sure to find some useful items too.
Suitable size: 1.20m wide to be able to plant it comfortably, 2m (up to a maximum of 2.50m) length to get stability. The height should be about 80cm.
2. Level the area for the raised bed
3. Connect wooden boards for the wooden cladding with battens
4. Connect the four sides at right angles - with angles or 4 corner posts
5. Wire mesh against voles live on the floor and connect to the walls
6. Line the walls with foil and staple them in place
7. Fill the raised bed with the following layers:
1. Coarse branches and twigs as well as chopped material
2. Inverted sods, lawn clippings
3. Leaves and green waste
4. Raw compost
5. Fine compost with high quality garden soil
The lovely life wishes you a lot of fun with your raised bed!
Further variants of different raised beds:
The borders are different, but everything else can be the same.
Raised bed with stones
Raised bed with stones (grass pavers) and roofing in a wooden frame, especially suitable for seedlings.
BENZ raised bed
BENZ - raised bed: upcycling at its best! A used BENZ spring box can be turned into a raised bed. With 2 box parts (also more possible) and adjustable by the rollers. Also ideal for balconies due to the distance to the floor.
The remaining BENZ box parts have become shelves in the kitchen.
You can find out what you can sow and harvest when:
- Rabbit paw sticker wholesale
- How to use meat thermometer fork
- How long to withdraw money from etrade
- Squeeze the rye, what does it mean
- What are interesting facts about Chico State
- What happened to flash on Crime Horman
- Tera corsair stronghold, how to scan
- Seven archangels in Catholicism - what
- When were zoo friends hired?
- Paul howson and jane wymark
- Duckwrth kickdrums nowhere torrent
- Dizziness when moving your head up or down
- Coovachilli free radius ldap howto
- Sanko Ware enamelware wholesale
- What is the symbolic interaction theory pdf
- Where are schulte-ufer cookware made in china
- What is single loss retention
- What does Bula Maleya
- Chinese culture that looks in the eye while speaking
- Cancer affects what kind of organisms
- Filipino action movie villains who were right
- Personal travel as i escaped vietnam news
- How to check heteroskedasticity in sas
- How to take k bind sachet