How to make dogs poop harder
Constipation in the dog (constipation)
Read in this article:
What is constipation in dogs?
Constipation in dogs, also known medically as constipation or constipation, summarizes various complaints related to defecation. If the dog is constipated, the animal will pass stool less often and with a delay. The excrement builds up in the colon and thickens. This makes it difficult for the dog to drop it off. Sometimes he also has pain. Constipation in dogs can have a variety of causes, for example incorrect feeding or too little exercise.
Constipation in dogs can be acute (i.e. sudden and temporary) or chronic (longer lasting). Most of the time, however, the dog's constipation can be treated well. To do this, it is primarily necessary to identify and remedy the cause of the complaints. Chronic constipation in dogs can, however, lead to complications. It is therefore important to clarify and treat the complaints early on.
What are the causes of constipation in dogs (constipation)?
Constipation in dogs can have many causes, which often influence one another. Canine constipation triggers include:
- Mistakes in keeping and / or feeding, e.g. too little exercise, too frequent bone-feeding
- Insufficient liquid, dehydration
- Swallowed foreign bodies, e.g. hair, plastic
- Medicines, e.g. sedatives, antiallergic drugs (antihistamines), strong pain relievers (opioids) or means for draining water (diuretics)
- Pain in the rectum, such as from an inflammation of the anal pouch or an abscess in a dog
- Restricted mobility, e.g. if the dog has orthopedic problems
- Narrowing of the intestine, e.g. from the inside due to tumors or from the outside due to an enlarged prostate pressing on the intestine or pelvic misalignments in dogs
- Changes in the wall of the large intestine, e.g. diverticula (protrusions)
- Various metabolic diseases, e.g. an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) in dogs
- Disturbances in the transmission of stimuli in the muscles, e.g. in the case of paralysis
Constipation in dogs is particularly common in weak and old animals. If the dog is in pain when dropping the poop, this can lead to the dog avoiding dropping. This often makes the symptoms even worse.
How is constipation expressed in dogs (constipation)?
A constipation in the dog (constipation) is often shown by the fact that the dog repeatedly goes into the position to defecate, but can only pass a little hard and dry or no faeces at all. Sometimes there is mucus on the faeces. Some dogs develop something called pseudo-diarrhea, in which they pass mucus or blood.
Chronic constipation in dogs can cause the intestinal wall to become overstretched, creating what is known as a megacolon. This consequence of constant constipation cannot be reversed and causes permanent discomfort.
Find the best-rated food with the free feed check
Now NEW: feed check including suitable feed sample box ↓
Click on the button below to load the content of ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com.
Now read on in this article:
Share this article:
- Who is megan fessel schumacher
- How to play a bad topic
- Which legal structure is kfc open
- WhatsApp free data 5 GB internet
- Swastika sign on whatsapp online
- What personality type is Paul McCarthy
- What is a Jack Packers cave
- Viscosity index improver does something
- J.w Harrison Photographer Soccer Howell
- Roidal Brazil swimwear wholesale
- Long lost family what happened next s01e02
- Changing the cross-site topology generator
- What is Movistar on iPhone
- Who takes Brazil's penalties for plagiarism
- How much does immunicide treatment cost
- What is Charlotte Russe Mission Statement
- Lexus lx 570 invader specifies howard
- What does devitalized tissue mean
- How can people develop in the future
- How to block your followers on Instagram
- Stourhead Cottage in the UK, what's happening
- Actor Howard Charles parents
- What is the dissolution of marriage with Ucca
- The transpalatal arch hurts when walking