How do I get NBA autographs in hotels
Do I have to invoice guests?
Reading time: 3.5 minutes
Summary: Booking.com partners are required to bill their guests upon departure if required by local law. While the type of invoice may depend on local legislation, bookings are legal agreements between partners and guests and therefore it is up to the partners to issue them if necessary.
When a guest books accommodation, the booking is a legal agreement between the guest and partner. For this reason, Booking.com cannot send invoices for bookings to partners or their guests. Booking.com can issue receipts for payment. For legal reasons, however, only the accommodation partners can issue invoices for their guests.
Note: In situations where partners are paid by their guests via bank transfer and the departure takes place before withdrawals are processed, partners can in principle continue to provide invoices based on proof of payment (i.e. the transfer is pending). In the event that proof of payment is insufficient to issue invoices to guests, affiliates should take steps in accordance with local law to prepare their guests and inform them that invoices will be emailed after wire transfers are complete.
Therefore, partners must issue an invoice to their guests upon departure, either on paper or by email (or both), depending on the requirements of local legislation. Depending on the regulations in force, these invoices can also likely be tax or customer receipts.
How about invoices for guests from bookings made with online payments or “Payments via Booking.com”?
Even in situations where Booking.com is processing your guest's payment, partners still have to issue their guests with an invoice upon departure, either on paper, by email, or both - depending on the requirements of local legislation. This is because the booking contract still exists between the partner and the guest.
Some important information about invoices:
- Booking.com is not responsible for invoicing and does not send invoices for room bookings to you or your guests.
- As a partner, please ensure that all invoices are issued to guests in their names (or in the names agreed with the guests).
- For withdrawals made with a virtual credit card, the cardholder's name is always “Booking.com (Agent)”.
What if i am not registered for VAT / sales tax purposes?
Affiliates need to check if they are VAT / sales taxable under their local law. If not required, they may need to issue invoices (or customer receipts) with no tax information.
Note: The time at which the amount is debited from the guest could have tax implications for partners. It is therefore important to know how to properly deal with VAT / sales tax and local taxes.
What if I can only issue one invoice for the booking amount minus the commission?
Regardless of how partners receive the booking amount (from the guest or via Booking.com) - the invoice to the guest should always contain the total booking amount.
Even in cases where Booking.com deducts the commission before the remaining booking amount is transferred to them, partners are obliged to issue an invoice for the total booking amount.
What if I can only issue one invoice under the name Booking.com because I'm receiving payment from Booking.com?
As described in our General Terms of Delivery, Booking.com processes the payment for and on behalf of the partner accommodation. Partners still make the room available to the guest. Booking.com is not the (re) seller of the room. Therefore, if required by law, partners must also issue an invoice with a tax account or a customer receipt, similar to the situation in which guests pay directly to partners.
Did you find this article helpful?
- Who makes Roisin's chocolate for Aldine
- How to say thank you for a good wish pictures
- How to play gaucho ball drinking game
- Look who is speaking film script
- Kedai Borong Mainan Chow Kit Night
- Streamzzz Doctor Who Season 1 Episode 10
- Septiplier Lemons Fanfiction Where Naruto
- Who Owns Pharmacare Australia Time
- Howard Pinsky Annapolis md
- How to unlock samsung sph-m840
- How do I create a bootable USB for Freebsd
- Who makes the queens laundry Malta
- Wholesale grocery boxes Sydney
- What does all real numbers squared mean?
- Whole life insurance Canada explained to the Americans
- What is Kelway Conditioning Film
- Vishay tx2575 resistance how does it sound
- What is the UK Accreditation Register
- How do I pay my charter bill online
- Gary Howse Seattle death
- What is Becozinc capsules
- What is a McGuffin in movies
- How to use astro a50 on mac
- When was Dudu Mkhize boots born