What is the UK Accreditation Register
British corona mutation: Prof. Kern explains why B1.1.7 helps contain pandemics
Almost 100 percent of the infections in Germany can be traced back to a British mutation
The British mutation of the corona virus and its rapid spread caused great resentment. The virus variant B1.1.7 was first detected in Germany in December and now accounts for almost 100 percent of all coronavirus infections in this country. According to Professor Peter Kern, Head of the Clinic for Immunology at the Fulda Clinic, there is no need to worry - on the contrary: "B1.1.7 is the best thing that could have happened to us," he explains in an interview with NTV.
+++ You can find all current information on the coronavirus in our live ticker on RTL.de +++
"P1 and B1.351 couldn't gain a foothold next to her"
Mutations are always an issue, especially when it comes to vaccination against the coronavirus. One thing is certain: the vaccines, which were originally produced to combat the primordial type, also protect against the British variant.
Professor Kern explains why the mutant is not only not a big cause for concern, but a blessing for containing the pandemic: "B.1.1.7 is the best thing that could have happened to us. It was detected and made for the first time in Germany at Christmas now practically 99 percent of all isolates. So she has completely taken over the field, we no longer see the original variant, but - and that's lucky - P1 and B1.351 also couldn't gain a foothold next to her. It is much more contagious , but it's probably hardly more deadly - there are currently conflicting studies on that. "
"With B1.1.7 we have saved valuable time for our vaccination campaign"
And that is especially important in relation to the vaccination campaign. The rapid spread of the British mutation prevented other virus variants such as P1 from Brazil and B.1.351 from South Africa, for which vaccination may not provide sufficient protection, from spreading: "B1.1.7 saved us valuable time for our vaccination campaign", says Prof. Kern.
What happens if a mutation occurs against which our immunity no longer works?
But what happens if a mutation resistant to the vaccination manages to spread and hits the vaccinated and convalescent? According to Professor Kern, the emergence of new mutants cannot be prevented, the decisive factor is whether they manage to spread: "It would have to start from scratch and would take time, and we would have this time to locate it, take measures and create a new one To develop a vaccine. Therefore: In theory yes, we could overlook a mutant, but in practice the problem is manageable. "
A certain protective effect through vaccination or surviving infection ensures that the spread of mutations is contained
In addition, there is a certain protective effect against mutations through immunization in the form of a vaccination or a survived infection, so that the spread would probably take place more slowly: "It will most likely not develop completely fatal variants, but those that lead to coexistence and each other not so different from what we already know. "
AUDIO NOW Podcast recommendation on Corona
10 facts about the corona vaccination
For many people, the first corona vaccination appointment is getting closer and closer. But there are still many unanswered questions and new ones are added every day. When can I make an appointment? Who can I contact for a vaccination appointment? Can I choose my active substance myself and do I have to follow the AHA rules after the vaccination? Should I get vaccinated even though I already had Corona? We answer these and other questions here in our web story.
TVNOW documentary "Children in the Corona Crisis"
The coronavirus has kept the world in suspense for more than a year and is one of the greatest challenges of our time. How are our children doing in the pandemic and how are z. B. lockdown restrictions affecting them? In the TVNOW documentary "Children in the Corona Crisis", children and young people tell what their greatest challenges are.
ntv / JOS
- Installanywhere Installer does not have write permissions
- Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 specifies Howard
- Let your left foot fall while walking
- Pre fire checks m777 howitzer max
- Stourhead Cottage in the UK, what's happening
- What is Karak Chai
- What is intelligent sensor technology
- Mateusz Grychowski Kielce Poland
- What does poetaster definition mean
- Zeiss LED fluorescence microscope, how it works
- Which leads to a slight stretching of the jugular vein
- What is May 27th Zodiac Sign
- Andrzej chrobak przewodnik duchowy
- How to adjust the UPVC door lock
- What dose Dynewell syrup
- How to pronounce miigendung
- Baby hiccups when laughter is inappropriate
- The CD player makes a buzz when it starts up
- Who is Dr. Buzzard voodoo son
- What is a wetting agent in photography
- How to write a convincing brochure ks2
- What happened in the Alamo on January 17th, 1836
- How to tone down light copper hair color
- What is Clairaut's theorem
- Didik nini thowok dance quotes
- Uss Howard ddg 83 homepages
- How much do Balmain hair extensions cost
- What is a polygon google
- The light tea co how to open
- Pies descalzos shakira texts whenever and wherever
- Where is Wuye in Abuja Fct
- How to generate server-config.wsdd with ant
- How to get a genius Singapore genius
- What does Liverplex do