Srd-05vdc-sl-c how to connect
How to make a remote connection
Obviously, you immediately “caught the ball” to find out about the software to be used and the configuration of the workstation for this type of activity, which is called “smart working” in the jargon. Just when you were looking for detailed and easy to understand answers, you happened upon my guide. Well, if you follow me and devote only part of your time to me, I'll show you herehow to connect remotely; this way you will be able to work remotely and do the various tasks virtually. Let's get started.
How to make a remote connection
Anyone who can use a computer can connect remotely via the Internet: no great computer skills are required; very little is required to set up the remote connection and control the remote PC remotely.
It is clear that First on the PC to be controlled (the computer in the company that must remain switched on) act or the server or the company network for remote access configure must: In this case, I always advise you to contact the system administrator or get help from a knowledgeable technician in order to save a lot of time with the configuration. However, you have to do this the first time you configure it physically present be.
To make up for your shortcomings at home, I will explain below how remote connection works, what you need to do it, and what connection speed is recommended to avoid problems or slowdowns. Finally, I'll show you how to put my advice into practice by using special software for these type of activities. That's it, we can get started.
How a remote connection works
You can connect remotely using various technologies. However, most of them strive for the same result, i.e. the Access to the network or PC in a virtualized, telematic way. There are also other infrastructures that allow you to Video conferencing to hold or Management programs to be carried out via a cloud server.
By connecting to the remote computer, you can move the mouse, open programs and type on the keyboard as if you were actually in front of the device. You can also transfer files from the remote PC to the client PC.
Alternatively, you can establish a connection to a company workstation or the entire network via a VPN connection Establish: In this case, your home computer would be connected to the company network even if it is miles away, with no noticeable difference in speed; he could then "communicate" with other devices in the company network, such as B. with printers, other PCs, servers, NAS and others.
As I mentioned earlier, see remote connectivity technologies too Videoconferencing programs. These allow you to communicate with people remotely by being able to receive an audio / video feed in real time.
There are also Cloud based softwarethat can be accessed remotely after configuration. An example of this is, but not limited to, web services or company accounting programs.
What it takes to make a remote connection
To establish a remote connection, you need to get software suitable for the purpose. You will also need all of the network equipment you need to connect.
In detail, these are the Kind of hardware and softwareyou need (also according to different needs):
- Internet connection: essential to establish the remote connection;
- Router: The home router usually does not need to be configured. However, it may be necessary to configure them according to the infrastructure to be implemented. Of course, this is basic network hardware;
- Remote control or VPN programs: They can be chosen according to your needs, as you will see in a special chapter of the guide;
- Webcam and microphone: necessary to conduct video conferencing, if necessary;
- Fixed PC or notebook: Connect to your router via an Ethernet cable (recommended) or via Wi-Fi (better in 5GHz).
When you have all of these items, you are ready to connect remotely. Read on to see how to do that.
Recommended internet speed for long-distance connections
Depending on the purpose for which you need to make the remote connection, you may need to make sure that your connection “holds” the load so that you don't get into trouble “on the most beautiful”.
In particular, I recommend the following Speed parameters to use as a paradigm to see if your connection is appropriate for this purpose. Here are the details:
- Remote desktop connection: In these cases a connection of 5 megabits per second in the Download and 2 megabits per second in the Upload out;
- VPN connection: Considering that the VPN connection slows the maximum speed you can achieve in order to create an end-to-end encrypted tunnel, the higher the speed of your line and the lower the lower the speed, the better the performance Latency is. I recommend using 10 Mbps in the Download and at least 2/3 Mbps in the Upload to start;
- Remote file transfer: The same applies here: The faster you receive the upload, the faster you can retrieve the files from your company PC. It's always better to have one Upload equal to or higher than 1 Mbps to have;
- Administration through the cloud: a good connection is on both the upload and the Download server side required, better if higher than 10 Mbps is (for both parameters);
- Video conferencing: To take advantage of video conferencing in HD to use, I suggest that you at least 20 Mbps in the Download and 2/3 Mbps in the Upload to have; for video conferencing in normal quality or in the case of large groups, a connection from 10 Mbps in the Download and 1 Mbps in the Upload sufficient;
- Virtual machine on a cloud server: In this case will a lot of bandwidth needed; it starts with at least 25 Mbps at the Download and 5/10/15 Mbps at the Uploadso that the response of the virtual machine is stable even when connected remotely, maybe with more users at the same time.
As you can see, most scenarios can Problems with slower ADSL cause: it is better to focus on mixed copper fiber (FTTC) or pure Fiber optic connections (FTTH) focus.
If you don't know the speed of your line, I invite you to take the blog's free speed test. It is reliable and you won't have to wait long for an answer.
Remote connection software
Now that you know every detail of your line and your workplace, it's time to do that Programs with which you can fulfill the different scenarios already seen in the previous chapter, so that you immediately know what to download both on the PC / server for control and on the device for connection to it.
In that case, here are a few Examples of software you can use for a remote connection could use:
Some programs are difficult to use and / or install, especially for cloud management and remote virtual machines, which often require advanced knowledge and basic computer programming to configure.
As for other software, however, you shouldn't have any problems so you could try installing it yourself.
How the remote connection is configured and activated
You finally got to the most important part of the guide where I'm showing youhow to make the remote connection for the various scenarios that I have presented in the previous chapters, activate trying to be clear and concise (as much as possible) so that you can quickly repeat the steps.
If you have any problems or difficulties, don't hesitate to get help from a friend or a trained technician.
On a company PC or server
To your PC, your workstation or your company server for the remote connection prepare, hit I You before the program Iperius Remote which you can find at this address.
After downloading it, run it (it is an executable file) and immediately highlight the one assigned by the program numeric ID, it will be unique to your computer. Then click the button Allow connections. Finally click that "Play" symbol (bottom left) and create a password, around unattended access to configure. Make a note of the alphanumeric combination and wait for the service to install.
From now on all you have to do is the ID and password that you wrote down to operate your company computer or server remotely, no matter where you are. It's important, that it stays on, and maybe one UPS per server could help here, don't you think?
In any case is Iperius Remote, configured so always active at every restart, also on the login screen, and ready to start new remote connections.
On a router or other network device
How to connect remotely to one of the following equipment from:
- DVR or NVR
- IP cameras
- Multifunction printer
- Server for administration
It is better to be a virtual private network (VPN), which allows you to connect your home computer to your company network and thus view all network devices and shared resources.
To have a virtual private connection to createthat runs through the internet must first the VPN server in the company network to be set up: it receives and manages the connections of the different clients and places them encrypted and authenticated on the network in order to extend the common access in a completely secure way.
The best service I can recommend for this purpose is OpenVPNwhich you can find on this page. You can do it quickly with one already set up for this type of connection Modem router activate.
You only need to enter the router's configuration panel, activate the function and immediately that VPN certificate to generate. You would then die public IP for the connection, or DDNS, and the corresponding encrypted password to be used for the connection with the client (i.e. your PC) during the certificate import.
For this type of connection, I recommend that you use the TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750so that you can complete the creation of the VPN server as soon as possible.
I finally remind you that OpenVPN server also under Windows configurable, but the steps are definitely out of the reach of an ordinary user: it is better to leave it to a technician or network administrator.
How to connect to a computer remotely
Now that everything is ready, you can go home and yourself with the program Iperius Remote with your company PC or the server in your office connectas seen a few chapters ago.
This time you need to use the field below and the PC / server ID and during the connection that password so you can connect from the remote desktop.
Alternatively, you can also use the Windows function called Remote desktop connection use. In this case, however, you should have VPN connected (as shown below). You can also multiple accounts use what e.g. for the connection of remote management software on Windows Server useful, but watch out for CAL licenses.
If you need to connect to a virtual machine or advanced management system that may need to be accessed from a smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS) to place orders or update intervention calls, ask the network administrator, To provide you with the static public IP or domain name and the corresponding access data as well as the client-type program to be used for the connection.
How to connect to network devices using VPN
If you have configured the VPN server in your company network, you can yourself with your home pc in a very easy way with him connect: Download the program OpenVPN connection on their Windows computer and start it. When prompted, enter the static public IP and the password one they told you so that you can make the connection.
In some cases, you have to import the VPN certificate: Make sure you get the correct one or from the server or copy it to a USB stick when you get home so you can establish a secure and properly authenticated connection. And don't forget that OVPN configurationthat needs to be aligned in the right way for it to work.
However, once you are connected via VPN, can your pc a connection to the company network produce. Then you can use all company devices connected to it, but also access shared network paths.
If you MacOS follow these Apple Support instructions. Under Ubuntu / Linux you can find these OpenVPN instructions instead.
If you don't have a static public IP address
One of the golden rules for VPN servers or Business Server-type servers to work properly is to specify one staticpublic IPv4 address. It cannot vary (except in the case of exceptional events such as changing the telephone provider or the type of subscription with the ISP) and therefore always relates to your business network that is exposed to the Internet.
First, double-check what your public IP address is, and see if it changes. If you find that your line doesn't have a static public IP, you can Ask your ISP to fix it (he will likely ask you to pay, and no, you cannot do it yourself).
Alternatively, if you do not want to call the operator you can keep the IPv4 address dynamic and one DDNS service how No-IP.
By setting up a Accounts for this service and the Assignment of the dynamic public IP you can use this service him from outside, i.e. from the Internet, even after one Changes (e.g. after a restart of the modem or a sudden drop in the Internet connection) constantly to reach. The dynamic IP, to be precise, is associated with a third level domain that is unique and immutable.
Once you have the DDNS address you can have them on VPN clients when you want to connect to the remote network. Just use them in the fields where you should have entered the static public IP. This applies as long as the software used supports host names.
Lorenzo Renzetti is an experienced computer salesperson specializing in instant messaging and social networking services. He has worked with several successful Italian newspapers and contributed to the publication of technology leaders. He shares his advice on his blog, WordSmart.it, where he helps users solve computer problems.
- How to rationalize the denominator with x
- How to make reflective glass
- CPAP machine makes knocking noises when starting
- Francisco lachowski interview portuguese flag
- How to open mdl files in Blender
- WAVIN UK products wholesale
- Merevale farm eggs like long fresh
- Who owns Mercedes Benz from Scottsdale
- Pre fire checks m777 howitzer max
- Keune shaping fibers wholesale
- How much apple cider vinegar for weight loss
- How to delete uncommitted messages in mqm
- How luhan met xiumin and chen
- Who is Pinkie Pie's parents
- What is a pressureless recovery vessel
- Film in which woman pretends to be kidnapped
- Tarja, what's under the booklet maker
- Nikki Chellew Costco Wholesale
- Rooping iron how to do
- How to decode craigslist email addresses
- Shauna Howe family farm
- 12 ounces of cranberries equals how many cups
- How to hide keylogger in the picture
- How did Dale Wayne Macomber die