What is pterygoid hamulus syndrome
from Greek: συν ("syn") - together; δρόμος ("dromos") - run
Synonym: symptom complex
As syndrome denotes a certain constellation of symptoms, anomalies or findings. The symptoms are probably due to the same cause and always or often occur together. A syndrome can represent a group of diseases, an independent disease or a complex of symptoms without any disease value.
see also:List of syndromes
A syndrome is generally understood to be the coupling of various disorders, changes or findings that can probably be traced back to a common cause. The mechanisms of origin and the development of the disease, the pathogenesis, are not known or inconsistent at the time of the first description.
The term "syndrome" is primarily descriptive. However, this does not necessarily mean that the cause of a syndrome is unknown. In everyday medical language, older disease names often compete with newer terminologies that emphasize causality. For example, the cause of Down syndrome is known, but the newer term trisomy 21 has not superseded it.
In a broader sense, complexes of symptoms are also referred to as syndromes that are caused by a uniform pathogenesis, but are triggered by different, interacting or unknown causes ("sequence", see below).
Syndromes are often named after the person who first described them, the underlying cause or their symptoms.
One can distinguish between 1st, 2nd and 3rd order syndromes. Syndromes in the narrower sense are called first-order syndromes. 2nd order syndromes are also referred to as sequence, 3rd order syndromes as association. They differ as follows:
|1st order||homogeneous||inconsistent or unknown||differentiated|
|2nd order||inconsistent or unknown||homogeneous||differentiated|
- Chikon Howar Sohoj Upay
- Thinstation, how to configure DNS
- Molo fish actors who played
- Hey pretty mom, how you do lyrics
- Handlebars when turning the Xterra
- What causes negative pore water pressure
- How to make money from rubber plantations
- How to get to the forgotten valley forest
- Howard Morhaim Literature Agency Inc.
- Who sang you everywhere and nowhere, baby
- Pregomin Pepti 400g is like many cups
- What does fushi
- When is selena gomez tour
- How to find a broadband username
- How did Henry Zilberman die
- What is the molecular formula for milk
- How to get tps tvq numbers
- How to find the limits of functions
- Pnwumc register appointments everywhere
- Reggae Shinehead who fits the cap quotes
- How To Take The Benefits Of Enervon C Multivitamins
- Spin class workout results for how long
- Panera bread wholemeal baguette picture
- What is Split Line Trimmer Line