Which web browser does Samsung TV use
How to Download a Different Samsung TV Internet Browser
What to know
- Use a Streaming Device: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and Apple TV all offer their own browsers for your TV.
- Laptop with HDMI: Plug in your laptop with an HDMI cable to use the TV as a monitor.
- Screen Mirror: On the TV, enable it under Source or Network. On the PC, Settings > Bluetooth & other ... > Add Bluetooth ... Select the TV.
This article explains how to use an alternative to Samsung's pre-installed web browser on your TV. While you can't install a new browser on the TV, there are other options using the TV as a screen for other devices.
Option One: Connect a Media Streamer That Offers Another Browser
One way to access an alternative web browser for a Samsung Smart TV is through a plug-in media streaming stick or box, such as a Roku, Fire TV, Google Chromecast, or Apple TV. You will use the remote control system of those devices to navigate their respective web browsers.
Roku offers a few browsers that can be downloaded and installed from its Channel Store. POPRISM is free but much more limited than the Samsung browser. Other choices include Web Browser X and WEB, but both require a $ 4.99 per month subscription fee, which is not ideal if you're on a tight budget.
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV offers both the Firefox and Silk web browsers, which provide more flexibility than the Samsung Smart TV browser. Once installed, they will appear on the home screen labeled as Firefox other Internet (Silk).
One feature of the Firefox and Silk browsers on a Fire TV device is that, in addition to using the navigation controls on the Fire TV remote, you can also use Alexa commands to search the web.
However, bookmarking specific pages and saving passwords is not available on the Fire TV version of Firefox. Also, although you can view images and content, you cannot download them. The Fire TV version of Firefox also looks different than the PC or mobile version.
The Silk web browser may display one of two screens as shown below. On the left is the Silk browser home page, and on the right is its default Bing search engine. These options provide flexibility for both accessing content and conducting a general web search.
When you close Silk browser, the last website you were viewing will automatically appear the next time you open the browser. However, just as with Firefox (and the built-in Samsung browser), you cannot download images or other content using Silk.
If you're using Chrome on your PC or Laptop, select Cast to send anything visible on your PC or Laptop to a Samsung TV via Chromecast. The Chromecast stick must be connected via HDMI to the back of the Samsung TV.
In Chrome, go to settings and activate Casting.
The Chrome browser from your PC will display on your Samsung TV. You can scroll through pages and open them from a single browser tab. However, if you open or close a tab you will need to disconnect and reconnect Chromecast in order to see the new tab (s) on your TV screen.
In addition to casting the Chrome browser, find out how you can cast everything you can see on your PC to a Samsung TV using Chromecast.
Apple TV does not offer a web browser that can be installed directly, but you can install AirWeb on a compatible iPhone or iPad. Using Airplay, you can mirror the "Air Web" browser through the Apple TV connected to your Samsung TV.
You can also AirPlay your Mac's screen to a connected Apple TV device. There are some additional web browsers available for Apple TV that can be viewed on a Samsung TV.
Why a Plug-in Media Streamer May Not Be the Best Option
Unless you already have an external media streamer, it may not be the best option for getting a web browser on your Samsung TV. This is because you are paying for a device that provides duplicate access to a lot of the same streaming apps that your Samsung Smart TV may already offer.
If you are satisfied with the streaming app selection on your Samsung Smart TV, using another method to get an alternative web browser to work with your TV might be more efficient. One such option is to plug a PC directly into your television.
Option Two: Plug a PC Into Your TV
Instead of connecting a media streaming stick or box to your Samsung Smart TV, you can connect a PC or laptop via an HDMI or VGA connection. You can view Web browser search results (as well as almost all tasks you can do on your PC) on the TV screen.
The benefit of this method is that you can use the browser (s) you are familiar with as well as perform other PC functions on your TV screen. Any web browser you have installed on your PC, including Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and others discussed in this guide, will be viewable on your Samsung TV screen. And you can use the keyboard or mouse you have connected to your PC to navigate the web browser.
Depending on your laptop or PC, you may have to set it to output the screen via the HDMI or VGA port, in which case your laptop or monitor screen may go dark. You may also have the option of viewing the screen on both your PC and the TV at the same time.
Option Three: Use Screen Mirroring
If you would rather not have to physically connect a media streamer or PC to your TV, a wireless alternative is to use screen mirroring, which is sometimes also referred to as Miracast or Wi-Fi Direct.
Wireless Screen Mirroring is available on most Wi-Fi-enabled PCs, laptops, and smartphones. Screen mirroring allows you to transmit any browsers, as well as everything else displayed or stored on your PC or smartphone, to your Samsung TV screen.
Screen Mirroring Setup on Samsung TVs
Screen Mirroring is supported on almost all Samsung Smart TVs. Although its setup varies depending on model year and series.
- Example One: Press the Source button on your remote, then select the Screen mirroring source option in the TV menu.
- Example Two: Select Menu on your remote, then select Network > Screen mirroring.
- Example Three: Select Menu > Network > Expert settings > Wi-Fi Direct.
Consult your Samsung TV's user guide or e-manual for the exact steps for your model.
In addition to activating Screen Mirroring on your Samsung TV, you also need to activate it on your PC or smartphone.
Screen Mirroring Setup for PCs: Windows 10
Here's how to set up screen mirroring on a Windows 10 device.
Go to Settings on your PC.
In Bluetooth & other devices, select Add Bluetooth or other device. This will take you to the Add a device page.
The PC will scan for available devices.
Your TV must be on during this step.
Once your Samsung TV shows up on the device list, select it and wait for your PC to connect to your Samsung TV.
When your connection is confirmed, your PC screen will be displayed on the Samsung TV.
Screen Mirroring Setup for Smartphones
Here are some common methods for setting up screen mirroring on a smartphone.
- Samsung: Go to Notifications > Screen mirroring (or Smart View or Quick Connect). The phone will look for the TV, usually identifying it by the model number. When the model number appears, select it. You may be asked to enter a PIN provided by the TV.
- HTC: Go to Settings > HTC connect. Open it and scan for the TV.
- LG: Check for Screen mirroring, Screen Share, Wi-Fi Direct, or Miracast and go through the scanning procedure.
- Other brands: Check for Screen mirroring and follow the prompts.
- Where is the I love Aruba sign
- Halfords advertise actors who played
- Prosthetic fingers for guitarists who have just started
- Hard French bread, how to soften feet
- Whatchamacallit words like love
- Manned rappers who died
- What does shortlisting process mean over time
- Guy drinks a whole bottle of whiskey
- What is a deroofed bubble
- Bivash Chowdhury al Fahad group
- Sunni dawateislami WhatsApp number of celebrities
- What are unfenced hunting areas recalled
- How to make gaffs for roosters
- Best status of life in Punjabi for WhatsApp
- How to read a binomial nomograph chart
- How to play skills like neymar jr
- How to Play Tambola Game in Hindi
- How to join the Orlando Pirates development team
- How to draw an equilateral triangle in cad
- What do assembled measures mean
- Mr. Belly flop instructions on how to tie
- Howard Grubb Telescope Sale
- Who is Houngan Amadou
- When does picnicker call Gina Herzgold
- Chiu Chow Restaurant Singapore Pluit
- What is ogre real name
- How to Make Halal Teriyaki Sauce
- What does all real numbers squared mean?
- Bot flies and howler monkey
- Descargar Talk Dirty Jason Derulo Flowhot
- Thomas Howald Franklin College
- How to fix the main gearbox of vertical blinds
- Filipino action movie villains who were right
- Who is Ken Singleton married to