Where is database information stored in WordPress
wp-content - All information about the WordPress directory
What is wp-content?
This could be your first reaction as a WordPress beginner or if you work mainly with WordPress via the backend. After all, the average website owner spends most of their time on the dashboard.
That makes sense. After all, you can do all your important tasks from here and take care of your entire website without editing, moving files, or doing other tedious tasks.
If you've gone a step further and installed WordPress yourself, chances are you are Database and WordPress installation areas deliberately.
Whatever. Only developers or website administrators who deal with all aspects of your website can really do something with the WordPress file structure to begin.
One of the most central parts of it is certainly the folder wp-content. For this reason, we want to take a closer look at this folder in this article. You will find out where wp-content lies what it contains and what you can do with it.
So, let's go!
Like you on wp-content can access!
Unless you have made major changes to the WordPress file structure, this folder should be in the middle of your WordPress installation.
How is wp-admin and wp-includes wp-content Part of every standard WordPress installation and is created automatically when you install the CMS on a server.
You can access these folders via your FTP server (e.g. FileZilla). Open the directory where you installed WordPress.
What is the purpose of wp-content?
In a broader sense contains wp-content all content provided by the user. Basically everything you can upload to your website ends here. That's not all you write. These things are stored in the WordPress database.
However, as long as you have both the database and your wp-contentfolder you can get your website back again and again.
What exactly is in wp-content contain?
wp-content contains all user-supplied data that is not stored in the database. This becomes even more apparent when you open the directory.
Standard directories of wp-content
Usually contains wp-content at least three directories: Plugins, themes and Uploads.
What are these used for?
- Plugins - As you can deduce from the name, this is where WordPress stores plugins. Whenever you install a new plugin, it is saved here. Conversely, it is also possible to install plugins manually by extracting and copying them into this directory. This will make them available for activation in the WordPress dashboard.
- Themes - Similar to that Plugins But folder for themes. Installed themes can be found in this directory. Or copy themes into this folder to make them available in the backend. This is also the folder where you will spend a lot of time creating or modifying your own theme or a child theme.
- Uploads - This is where WordPress stores all of your media, such as images, videos or other files that you upload to your website. By default, media files are organized into subfolders that indicate the year and month in which they were added to the website. However, it is also possible to deactivate this option and open all files in the same directory.
This is the standard WordPress setting. For larger websites, additional folders can also be included here.
Other shared folders
Depending on the plugins, themes and other things on your website, you can also find these folders in wp-content:
- mu-plugins - That's short for "Must-use plugins". Must-use plugins come with some themes and are critical to making your theme and website work. If they exist, you can find them in this folder.
- languages - If your website does not use English but one of the many other languages the CMS is available in, WordPress will save the language files in this directory.
- Upgrade - This is a temporary folder created by WordPress while you are upgrading your website to a new version.
Other than that, other plugins can sometimes have their own directories in wp-content create. For example W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache.
As already mentioned, this makes sense because this directory is not overwritten in WordPress. For this reason, all the data that needs to be preserved is best stored here.
Of course, that also means that wp-content is crucial for every WordPress website and should always be included in a backup.
When do you use wp-content?
When running a WordPress website, there are several instances that you may need to work with this directory. Apart from the themes, there are other instances that have access to wp-content need.
How to fix important bugs!
The content of wp-content can sometimes be the cause of common WordPress errors. Especially those caused by plugins and themes.
If that happens and your website becomes “inaccessible”, you may need to access the plugins folder and manually disable some plugins.
Despite its important function, the name of wp-content can be changed. This is very easy to do with "Rename".
But why should you do that? In short, because of security.
WordPress is open source software and anyone can figure out the basic structure of any website. The basic settings in WordPress are generally known, which is not necessarily beneficial for the security of the site.
Because of this, the renaming of wp-content a step towards more security for your website.
The Wp content folder is an integral part of every WordPress installation, which is why you can find it in the main directory of every website built with the WordPress platform.
It houses all content provided by users that is not stored in the database. This includes plugins, themes, and uploaded media. For this reason, wp-content should always be part of your website backup in addition to the database.
In this short guide you learned how to access wp-content and what to find there. With that knowledge, you're now a little more familiar with how WordPress works behind the scenes.
This in turn gives you more control over your website and gives you more opportunities to work with your WordPress website.
- Sveva bel viso wikihow
- How to create different hairstyles
- In balloons, how does air exert pressure?
- How to make jays killer cake
- Ernest Debs Park what was filmed here
- Peter Cammarano, where is he now
- Echowell LC-881 owner's manual target
- Narta Deodorant Wholesale Suppliers
- Who dat girl akon remix torrent
- What is camera blocking color
- Etc. Network Interfaces Pre-Up Iptables Howto
- 1 kg of bacon defines how many slices
- How To Make Polystone Resin
- How to re-pair a Boxee-Box remote control
- How to do bhang ka ghota
- Sumo paint how to make transparent roblox
- How to fill the Mini Nautilus Tank
- Kamon acho bolo hello how are you
- How to stop podocarpus fruit
- Xtraglo tablet used for what
- What flavors dakeyi sweets in English
- Where to get pappy van winkle atlanta
- How to get mcdreamy hair
- What happened to takeie Spann