Folidoce 400 mcg is the same as many mg
Convert mg and µg to IE / IU: Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E
The fat-soluble vitamins A, D and E are usually given in German-speaking countries with their weight (mg or µg). µg are sometimes called mcg abbreviated, 1000 micrograms (µg / mcg) are 1 milligrams (mg). In some cases, however, international units are also given instead of mg / µg. International units are used in German as “I.E.” abbreviated, in English "IU"
Confused? No problem, the conversion is relatively easy.
Vitamin A conversion mcg <-> IU
To convert vitamin A as retinol present from µg:
From IE / IU to mcg: IU * 0.3 = mcg
For example, 5000 IU of vitamin A (retinol) * 0.3 = 1500 mcg.
From mcg to IU one calculates mcg / 0.3 = IU. Example: The nutrient reference value in Europe is 800 µg of vitamin A as retinol. This corresponds to: 800 µg / 0.3 = 2,667 IU
If vitamin A is present as beta-carotene, a substance that can easily be converted into vitamin A by the body, one calculates:
From IU to mcg: IU * 0.6 = mcg
For example: 5000 IU * 0.6 = 3000 mcg beta-carotene.
Conversely, the IU is calculated from the mcg: mcg / 0.6 = IU
Vitamin D conversion IU <-> mcg (cholecalciferol as vitamin D3)
Vitamin D is found in foods and food supplements as cholecalciferol (vitamin D3). The calculation of IE and mcg is the same for vitamin D2.
Conversion of IU to mcg: IU * 0.025 = mcg of vitamin D.
For example, 400 IU of vitamin D3 * 0.025 = 10 mcg of vitamin D3
From mcg to international units IU one calculates: mcg / 0.025 = IU
Example: 5µg is the NRV for vitamin D, multiplied by 40 results in: 200 IU correspond to the NRV of 5 mcg vitamin D.
Vitamin E (mostly RRR alpha tocopherol)
The conversion of vitamin E is a little more complex because there are different forms of vitamin E.
To convert vitamin E, which is available as DL-alpha-tocopherol (see label!):
From IU in mg: IU * 0.9 = mg
For example: 30 IU * 0.9 = 27 mg
From mg to IU: mg / 0.9 = IU
To convert vitamin E when it is present as D-alpha-tocopherol:
From IU in mg: IU * 0.67 = mg.
For example: 30 IU * 0.67 = 20.1 mg
From mg to IU: mg / 0.67 = IU
Learned something? Then share it via facebook, twitter or e-mail!
- How To Increase Brain Power In Hindi
- What does Te la Jalas mean
- When does the application for an Agbami scholarship end?
- What is the recipient's letterhead
- Grupo de whatsapp futbolistas famous
- Motoroel mb140d what to use
- What does stuttering Stanley mean
- Jack Howard Steel Partners hedge funds
- How tall is 161 cm to inches?
- What happened to Furiosa's arm
- Who is Peedie Snipes
- What does my name Shalini mean
- Munmun Salma Chowdhury and Hossain
- How to control the stepper motor angle
- Channa barca in bangladesh what do pumpkins do
- What does lateromedial meaning
- How long does the retraining take
- How to remove pool paint on tiles
- How to draw an equilateral triangle in cad
- Robbie Bourdon, Where the Path Documentary Ends
- What is Marlon Jackson Vermoegen
- Ficoll separation of whole blood against plasma
- Abolition of private landlords who accept
- Nielsen, how do we do the survey?