What does deoch n doris mean
A Wee Deoch-An-Doris (1911)
A Wee Deoch-An-Doris
Gerald Grafton and Harry Lauder
COMPOSED AND SUNG BY
T.B. Harms & Francis Day & Hunter
1431-1439 BROADWAY NEW YORK
Written and composed by
Gerald Grafton &
There's a good old Scottish custom that has stood the test of time.
It's a custom that's been carried out in ev'ry land and clime.
Where brother Scots foregather
It's aye the usual thing.
For just before they say "Good Not," they fill their cups and sing;
Just a wee Deoch-an'-Doris
A wee drap, that's a ',
A wee Deoch-an'-Doris,
Before we gang awa '
There's a wee wifie waiting.
In a wee but-an-ben;
If ye can say, "It's a braw, break, don't moonlight
Ye're a 'richt, ye ken!
I like a man that is a man, a man that's straight and fair.
A sort of man, that will and can in all things do his share.
I like a man, a jolly man,
The sort o 'man, “ye know”.
The chap that slaps yer back and says, "Mon Jock," before we go.
I'll invite ye a 'some other not, to come and bring yer wives.
And I'll guarantee ye'll have the grandest not in all yer lives.
I'll have the bagpipes skirling
We'll make the rafters ring.
And when yer tired and sleepy, why I'll wake yer up an 'sing:
- ↑ A free translation of Deoch-and-Doris is a convivial night-cap, The last drink before departing.
Copyright MCMXI by B. Feldman.
Copyright 1911 by T. B. Harms & Francis, Day & Hunter, N. Y.
All rights reserver. International Copyright Secured.
The following is a Complete List of SONGS sung by the FAMOUS SCOTCH COMEDIAN MR. HARRY LAUDER ON HIS AMERICAN TOUR New Songs Now being used on his present American Tour aaves aThe Ticnic) Its Nice Whem You l.ovre i Wte Lasdie Ev'ry Laddie Loves a Lassie, or Its Nice when You Love A Wee Lassie, 器 ( The Picnic) or (The Bachelors) Breakfast in Bed on Sunday Mornin 'A Wee Deoch-An-Doris She's The Lass for Me The Kilty Lads The Wee Hoose Mang the Heather The Same As His Faither Did 器 Before Him Jean McNeil. Calligan, call Again Early in the Morning. Fou the Noo. He was Very Kind to Me. Hey, Donald I Love a Lassie Inverary Killiecrankie. Rob Roy MacIntosh Saftest o 'the Family We Parted on the Shore. Wedding of Sandy McNab Weddin 'o' Lauchie M'Graw When I Get Back Again tae en Bonnie Scotland I've Loved Her Ever Since She Was A Baby The Bounding Sea. A Sprig o 'White Heather Queen Amang the Heather. Bonnie Leezie Lindsay There's A Wee Bit Land. Roamin 'in the Gloamin' The Message Boy. tid She is Ma Daisy Stop Yer Tickling, Jock That's the Reason Noo I Wear a Kilt. Tobermory PUBLISHED BY T. B. Harms & Francis, Day & Hunter 62-64 WEST 45th STREET, NEW YORK FUR SALE WHEREVER MUSIC IS SOLD
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1926. It may be copyrighted outside the U.S. (see Help: Public domain).
- Cookers newhome efa900h stove manual
- What is mri bandwidth
- Nokia 206 WhatsApp web application
- How to enter Molten Core Raid wow
- What does theoretical situation mean
- How to install Globus Tattoo Broadband Prepaid
- What causes sharp knee sliders
- How to get the ilok user ID
- How to install door frame moldings
- What does a larger scope mean
- Imagenes sucias para whatsapp animados
- What is Praefiguration in Art History
- How to enter half-width katakana words
- When ex calls blue
- Chowking Restaurant Owner Salary
- Soft drinks wholesale products Bingo
- Piero albertario pedersoli howdah
- What does canonical five meaning
- Tomorrow when the war began, Homer's perspective
- Fire flight for those who are waiting for bass covers
- Varaflame Ronson lighters how to refill
- How to fix the modem not working
- How to make a copper still pdf
- How to make g tummo meditation sheets
- Armax Arsenal Arena how to get 999999
- What happened to DJ Ram's wife
- Free markets are efficient, though
- How to add audio to ebay
- Thorpe Hall Peterborough UK where to live
- Razorpit instructions on how to play
- Gold plated gagnon howe wai zee
- What is a Burris 2x7 scope worth
- How was Newham before the Olympics
- Otwarcie basenu w prochowicach